Thursday, May 23, 2024

I am not sure you can see the four clematis I have added to the gazebo but front left is Clematis Taiga,it is a new variety and is white and purple and looks a bit like a passion flower. Front right is Clematis Siboldii. Back right is Winter Beauty and back right is Clematis Armandii. They don’t look much at the moment but I am hoping as the summer comes they will take over and soften the gazebo. The two back ones are evergreen but the front ones are deciduous so I need to add some evergreen climber to complement them. Hopefully they all survive and look good. I have learnt from my gardens in Spain and here in Dorset not to keep trying with plants that hate where they are. There are loads of beautiful plants I know will survive but would like something different so going to give it a go. You can see the glorious Rhododendron in the garden backing on to mine  that they grow well and I am quite happy to see it but want something different in mine. I do miss my Spanish garden so want to bring some of that to the garden in Ferndown.  I so miss Ken and Shula, our life spent between here and Spain. The feeling of coming home to both places. I know that seems strange but for me I loved my winters there and my summers in the UK. No good looking back so going forward with my plans for my garden    

No comments:

Post a Comment